October 22, 2011

i woke to the tiny footsteps of rain.

October barely out the door, yet islamabad can boast of doing harsh winters. Fall isn't here yet. They tell me unless the sidewalks go crunchy with leaves and orange with color, it's technically still summer. Showoffs.

Lahore's become a transit city. A place i crash at at the odd weekend. A city I can only spend 35 hours in, at best. I miss the Punjab University version of fall. When red hibiscus flowers still pop out, when the leaves go golden honey, and touch out to you. When the colors and sensations help you tune out everything else outside your periphery.

K thinks i should write more. I think he's right.

Onward to Karachi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K is so right... I remember how awesome it was to sit and read and read and just read your blog, Guess Bureaucracy stole it from us.....sigh! :(

S. said...

sorry about that :)