The memory of my last restless night has sapped the sleep out of my system.
It's been a series of good days. I even aired myself out a bit to get my nails done, though I resultingly returned to rest in bed for five hours straight.
It's hard getting used to help when your OCD hands are accustomed to having the glasses arranged in a particular way, and the dried flower stems facing a particular direction.
I look over at sleeping K, a bit annoyed he's not up from my turning and adjusting and cell phone fidgeting. However, he is the same boy who woke with a start at my every wince these past three weeks to ask if I was okay. He is a doll. I'll let it slide.
I want to be deliriously happy again, I want to go through my trove of pictures from Hunza, where the scenes jump through 13 MP and meet you in a place of wonder. I want to be bored, and bogged by routine worries: are any of the groceries running low, will I be late for yoga class today, when will K buy me a puppy.
I'll get there. And other places. And to even better places and times and venues and moments and feelings.
I will be there, and I will think of this moment and I will think how I knew I would work through this moment. And how it's so damn good to have cleared through the showers.
It's been a series of good days. I even aired myself out a bit to get my nails done, though I resultingly returned to rest in bed for five hours straight.
It's hard getting used to help when your OCD hands are accustomed to having the glasses arranged in a particular way, and the dried flower stems facing a particular direction.
I look over at sleeping K, a bit annoyed he's not up from my turning and adjusting and cell phone fidgeting. However, he is the same boy who woke with a start at my every wince these past three weeks to ask if I was okay. He is a doll. I'll let it slide.
I want to be deliriously happy again, I want to go through my trove of pictures from Hunza, where the scenes jump through 13 MP and meet you in a place of wonder. I want to be bored, and bogged by routine worries: are any of the groceries running low, will I be late for yoga class today, when will K buy me a puppy.
I'll get there. And other places. And to even better places and times and venues and moments and feelings.
I will be there, and I will think of this moment and I will think how I knew I would work through this moment. And how it's so damn good to have cleared through the showers.
No comments:
Post a Comment