October 10, 2018

I am back Home. The house, one of many I grew up in. One of the three I can remember. But the one where I grew up the most and most became Me. The night sounds are tempting me again to the curtains. I would spend hours listening and soaking in the silence of the night. I would invent tales for passing cars and late-night strollers. The smell of rusting windows mingling with motia. The one-off laugh of some loud boys in the neighbourhood. Pop songs from the 2000s jammed to full volume in fast cars. The night breeze that awakens in the canal-studded city. I grew up in these nights, near these windows. I feel like the past is tailing me like a terrier.

Z, theres so much to tell you, so much to show.

2 comments:

gh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gh said...

Please write something.