The longest you've been away, K.
Since we were married, that is. That fateful summer we met in 2011 followed with many a months of longing, waiting, listlessly wondering of our future.
I miss you, K. God, how annoying. How do we get so used to other humans that we constantly crave them, notice they're missing.
A armyman was flirting at an event today. It saddened me even more.
"If K were here, he wouldn't have done that."
And then I go longing for you again. Though our hugs have changed as both of us have grown and changed in bodies, I can't for the life of me forget how it feels to wrap around your chest, feeling warm, the rustle of your kameez, the scent you carried for years till you changed your cologne brand, the twinkle in your eye from being tipsy, and just the God damn beautiful feeling of knowing this is home.
Sigh. Still 17 days to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment