May 31, 2019

Just the feel of my laptop, cradled on my thighs, and wrists positioned as familiar as a tennis player up for serve.

Mine was the generation that grew up from clunky desktops and got their first laptop at 18. Our teenage angst spilled through these slick buttons and made their way to blogs, newspapers, forums.

When I grab my laptop, it is the equivalent of our forefathers' pens and moleskins. My thoughts just lunge out like a pungent floral scent in the middle of the night. This is my comfort zone, my space, my medium.

My fingers connected to my heart, tapping, releasing in unison, no filter.

The now generation probably feels this way about cellphones. For me, there's always a microsecond lag with cellphones, and I can never really write my heart out. Just that microsecond lag from heart to medium makes the brain interfere.

I want to get writing again. Especially once I start tapping away like this. But for Z, and to document her firsts in more than just pictures and videos. I want to write to her, teach her, let her know things as they come to me. My smart, beautiful, adorable sweet little girl. I will teach her all I never knew and all I wish I did.

For K and Z, who are all but my life now. This sounds like an prologue.

Maybe it is.

3 comments:

gh said...

👍🏻

mercury said...

Holy shit. I came to my old blog today after YEARS, after a chat with Mina and wishing we still wrote. And I started to go through the old blogs of yore and did NOT expect this to be alive. I would love to read along.
Congrats on the babies.

S. said...

Thank you so much. Just one baby though. Unless you are counting the hubby :)